01 May 2018
Welcoming Address – Lucy Hedges, Presenter, BBC
Dubai is advancing at an exponential rate in becoming one of the smartest cities in the world. The city has passionately embraced new technologies and is now held as hub for innovation however this is...
- Younus Al Nasser Assistant Director General - Smart Dubai Office
To capitalize on the digitization of the physical world, businesses are using AI-powered IoT solutions to better engineer products, manage operations and engage with people through connected things. J...
- Sania Abbas Business Unit Executive, Watson Internet of Things - IBM Middle East, Africa & Turkey
Panel Discussion: Cognitive Cities – Discussing the convergence of new technologies with IoT to create thinking cities
Examining the how data can enable administrators to make more informed decisions Utilising cognitive computing to allow cities to react to change autonomously Assessing how cognitive will facilitate b...
Special Presentation – Enabling the proliferation of electric vehicles
- Markus Dold Markus Dold Founder and CEO - e-Charge
Panel Discussion: Smart Mobility: Investigating how IoT is enabling smarter transportation in the region’s future cities
Can smart cities improve mobility through incident data and traffic optimization? Can automated vehicles become benchmark for successful IoT monetization? Assessing the future of electric vehicles in ...
- Ahmed Abbas Development & Interface Manager – Middle East - Mott Macdonald
Special presentation: GBM
- Mr Hani Nofal Vice President, Intelligent Network Solutions - Gulf Business Machines
Lunch and Networking
Understanding how Blockchain and IoT can intograte together to enable a more efficient city Assessing how blockchain will give citizens control of their digital data to improve transparency Examining ...
- Kris Bennett Blockchain Beard Guy
The 5th generation of mobile communication technology is set to be rolled out in the next 24 months. This will allow data to be transferred 10 times faster than currently possible in addition to a muc...
- Zakaraya Al Ashek Zakaraya Al Ashek Director Solution Marketing – M2M & IoT Solutions - Etisalat
It is predicted that by 2050 about 64% developing world of the and 86% of the developed world will be urbanised. In light of this stakeholders are looking at technology to make these built spaces smar...
Lunch and Networking
Driving your business into the future requires a cultural change. Becoming a data-driven organization takes time and an organization wide commitment to infuse analytics into all operations, but the ha...
- Sander Van Stiphout Executive Director - Amsterdam Arena
Case Study: Public and Private Partnerships – Examining how to partner with cutting edge tech companies to improve your cities smartness
Smart Dublin is delivering a programme that encourages the creation of solutions to address city needs. It has an emphasis on using the opportunities offered by emerging technology and public data. Sm...
- Michael Guerin Smart City Project Manager - Dublin City Council
Freedom Pizza is a growing multi-unit carry out and delivery pizza company, founded and based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates with international ambitions and capabilities. It has over 200 employees. F...
- James Noakes Mayoral Lead-Smart Cities - City of Liverpool
"In history, Babylon state used proto-cuneiforms in order to control economic transactions, and to monitor the administration of local economies by means of a numerical system. Nowadays, Blockchain re...
- Ali Rebaie President - Data Science Anthropologist
Harnessing the power of new technologies – Examining the convergence of Blockchain, AI and IoT
- Jamie Burke Founder and CEO - Outlier Ventures
Dr Angelo is Lecturer in Astronautics and Advanced Propulsion within the Faculty of Engineering and the Environment at the University of Southampton and is a specialist in the development and testing ...
- Dr Angelo Grubišić Lecturer of Astronautics - Southampton University